Pages

June 10, 2012

3. An Empty Bliss Beyond This World - The Caretaker [2011]



Meditation on memory and decay. Retrospection, amnesia, repetition, regression. Alzheimer’s unmasked: prefrontal cortex last stand. Atrophy, slow attrition of songs recalled from distant past. Stripping away phonographic fidelity by gradations, James Leyland Kirby mirrors the peeling back of memory; re-construing time-locked, haunted loops. 

Moments of Sufficient LucidityCamaraderie at Arm's LengthLibet's Delay. Kirby's genius is to make decay tangible and the elusive manifest: Bedded Deep in Long Term MemoryI Feel as if I might be VanishingThe Sublime is Disappointingly Elusive.

The ticking of history's metaphysical clock made audible.

Oddi wrth y brawd

3 comments:

Y Brawd said...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/j8ejjk

Sage said...

Thought I'd pop back and check if I had missed any gems, saw this and am hoping it's as good as the other Hauntology stuff you posted.

Hope that you are well.

Nik

Blogger said...

I've just installed iStripper, so I can have the sexiest virtual strippers on my desktop.