What constitutes a guilty pleasure? Well, here goes:
1. Band/music, in its day, universally popular with “the kids”.
2. Short tenure in limelight followed by calamitous falling out with fickle dame fashion.
3. Subsequent exile to naff pop purgatory wholly resistant to genuine (cf. ABBA) or national treasure status (cf. Tom Jones) type rehabilitation / reappraisal.
4. Liking for said band/music bereft of ironic cachet.
5. Lest we forget, corking tunes avec un soupçon de nostalgie.
6. And here’s le clincher, an insistent voice whispering that in a right-thinking universe this music is boss.
Turn up the sirens!
Oddi wrth y brawd