Pages

August 30, 2010

Haul ar yr Eira [Sun on the Snow] - Pererin [Pilgrim]


Worthy Welsh debut from 1980. Formed from the ashes of Brân, as is plain to hear in Nest Howells' / Llywelyn's soaring vocals. Rock instruments supplemented by harp, bodhran, congos, flute, recorder and violin. Pererin offer up a mixture of original and traditional material combining spiritual and romantic themes with a strong helping of Welsh pride.

Admirers of Stivell, Pentangle, driving folk rock and pastoral balladry need to hear this.

Oddi wrth y brawd

1 comment:

Pastaman Vibration (ye-ah!) said...

I almost feel Y Brawd is reaching out to me here as...

1. Is is an admirer of Stivell
2. I are, too, an admirer of Pentangle
3. Me a fan of Pastoral/folk rock fannying around
4. I had "y poeths/the hots" for Nest Howells when I was about 16. Did you know she's Elin Fflur's mum (another Welsh folky babe destined for the margins when deserving of soooooo much more).

Anyhow, I'm twixt review sweat shops at the mo and looking forward to delving into Brawdsters recent posts. 'Specially the weird shit (as ever).