Pages

August 16, 2010

A Saucerful of Pink - A Tribute to Pink Floyd

As if any were needed.....An array of unusual suspects makes this worth investigating....

In brief:

Nice 
Set Controls for the Heart of the Sun  - Psychic TV...Hit
Another Brick in the Wall Part 1&2  - Controlled Bleeding ...Hit
One of These Days  - Spahn Ranch ...Near the mark
Wots...Uh the Deal  - Sky Cries Mary ...Hit
Interstellar Overdrive  - Spiral Realms ...Miss
Learning to Fly  - Leæther Strip ...Near the Mark
To Roger Waters, Wherever You Are  - Ron Geesin ...Miss
Jugband Blues  - Eden ...Hit
On the Run  - DIN ...Hit

Pair 
Echoes  - Alien Sex Fiend ...Miss
Hey You  - The Furnace ...Near the Mark
Careful with that Axe, Eugene!  - Nik Turner ...Hit
Lucifer Sam  - The Electric Hellfire Club ...Miss
Pigs on the Wing  - Helios Creed ...Hit
Let There Be More Light  - Pressurehed ...Hit and miss the point
Young Lust  - Penal Colony ...Near the Mark
A Saucerful of Secrets  - E.X.P. ...Near the Mark
Point Me at the Sky  - Melting Euphoria ...Hit
The Nilesong  - Farflung ...Hit

Oddi wrth y brawd
nice
pair

Pop Quiz:
Which one is Pink?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh goody, goody (carousel?). I've got the Uncle Nik and Melting Euphoria tracks already and hits they certainly am. Look forward to the rest of it. Which one's Pink? I reckon the black blus guy shades it over the pink laddie at the bottom - I had such hight hopes for him, what do you reckon happened?

Welsh Connexion said...

What do I think happened to who? - the black guy or the pink guy? - I've no information as regards the dusky brother but have kept tabs on the paler one - same old responsibility avoiding hippie nonsense I'm afraid - a period 'getting it together' in west Wales before sampling the Japanese experience - determinedly piling cliche upon cliche he was last heard of on (you guessed it) the Thai trail

Y Brawd said...

Thai Dai Pink.

Scott Oz said...

Can you possibly repost this album? I own it but it is 5000 miles away from me in storage and I am dying to hear it! PLEASE?!!